Introduction of Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt Lock
When it comes to locks, two companies come to my mind and Schlage is one of them. Schlage began in 1909 when Walter Schlage patented a door lock that was capable of turning lights on and off. Over the last century Schlage made many advancements with locks and also grew their company to what it is today. Now located in Colorado Springs, Colorado Schlage continues to be the leading lock company that services not only residential homes but also large corporations.
Fast forward today and not only do we have locks but we have smart locks that are capable of connecting to home automation systems like Wink or SmartThings. With this type of automation we can have our doors lock behind us, lock at certain times, and ensure its unlocked when we arrive home. We can also program multiple access codes, giving everyone in the family their own code or even one to the house cleaner.
Today we are going to take a look at a smart lock from Schlage called the Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt Lock which has Z-Wave technology built-in giving us the ability to sync with our SmartThings hub that we’ll also be showing the functions of.
Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt Lock Features
Here are some of the features for the Schlage Connect Touchscreen Smart Lock. One of the most impressive is the ANSI Grade 1, which is the highest graded residential security lock.
- ANSI Grade 1 Highest Residential Security
- Durable Resistive Touchscreen with matte finish to protect against fingerprints and smudges
- Anti-pick shield protects against lock tampering
- Strong motorized bolt automatically locks and unlocks when a user code is entered
- Build-in Alarm Technology senses movement of the door and allows this residential lock with alarm to alert homeowners with an audible alert
- Select between three alerts- activity, tamper or forced entry alert- and customized to meet fit your security needs
- Employs Z-Wave®, a wireless technology that makes your house smarter, safer and far more convenient
- Connect with your home via computer, tablet or smartphone with the service provider of your choice and get the exact features* you want
- Holds up to 30 user codes
- Easy installation with just a screwdriver- no wiring required
*Connectivity features dependent upon service provider
- Applications: Residential single family doors
- Certifications: Grade 1 ANSI/BHMA certified
- Keying: 5-pin tumbler, C Keyway, 1 key included
- Door range: 1-3/8” to 1-3/4” (35mm-44mm) standard
- Operating Temperatures: Outside: -35C to 66C, Inside: -10C to 49C
Read on to the next page and we’ll unbox the Schlage Connect Touchscreen Deadbolt Smart Lock!