Introduction of The GE Z-Wave Plug-in Smart Switch
Today we’re going to take a look at the GE Z-Wave Plugin Smart Switch module for small appliances, lights, and other devices which you may want to automate. One of the best things about the plug-in style smart switches is how fast they are to get up and running. There are no wires to run, no electrical boxes to dig in and they just simply work right out of the box and the GE Plugin Smart Switch is no exception to this.
You can use these Z-Wave modules to automate lighting scenes, turn and off your Christmas lights instead of crawling under the tree looking for the plug, and even flip on a table top fan when the temperature in your home gets warmer than you’d like. The possibilities are truly endless when you begin to network multiple devices with Z-Wave technology. We’ll look at the features of the GE Plug-in Smart Switch module, see what’s included and how to get it configured and running. I’ll also show you a few different ways that you can use a smart switch to make your life easier while also saving electricity at the same time.
Below are some features of the GE ZWave Smart Switch module;
- Easily control lighting with your mobile device or computer using any Z-Wave certified gateway, or control lighting on location with the manual push-button control or a Z-Wave certified remote
- White lighting control blends with most home decor
- Space-efficient, side-plug design does not block lower outlet or obstruct placement of furniture
- Features one always-on pass-through AC outlet and one Z-Wave enabled outlet
- Compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway, providing remote access from many popular home automation systems and applications (application software not included)
- Can be controlled in groups of multiple lights or turned on or off within ambient interior lighting scenes
- Power: 120VAC, 60Hz
- Z-Wave Signal Frequency: 908.42MHz
- Wireless Range up to 100 feet to closest Z-Wave device or controller
- Operating Temperature: 32-104°F
- Rated for Indoor Use Only
Read on to the next page and we’ll unbox the GE Plug-In Smart Switch module!